Let’s talk all things devil today!
(*indicates small spoilers)
- He has the most names of any character in the book: Conrad Bosh III (human name on Earth), Conrad Bosh IV (name he uses while pretending to be Conrad III’s son), the Devil (obviously), Demon King (royal title), Old Man (only used by Quaid), Summer King (seasonal title), and Ruler of Hell (his realm)
- *We learn in Book 1 that Melinda, Claire’s mother, is his true love …so who does that make Claire? No one knows for sure, but he isn’t claiming her
- He’s not opposed to breaking the rules, but not for the reasons you might think
- He’s the leader of Hell, but he prefers not to stay there (I mean who would, right?)
- In Book 1, Claire has to deal with his ex-wives …the Fourth-Mrs pain-in-my-ass, as Claire puts it, is apparently everyone’s favorite–even the Devil avoids her
- *He’s been Conrad-IV (Book 2) around the office lately so the new assistant doesn’t try to become the 5th Mrs. Conrad Bosh III–luckily for him, she quits when Claire returns
- The Boss’s untouchable is Quaid—this basically means Quaid can’t be seriously hurt by anyone except the Devil—or someone holding the power of Hell
- The Devil’s company on Earth is called Tucker Bosh …named after the original Bosh in his most recent human line…of course, he’s been all the Bosh’s (past, present, and future)
- *In Book 1, we learn that the Devil has marked Claire—she thinks it’s so he can control her, but the markings actually say Protected by the Demon King–Claire’s not buying it though, she’s sure he couldn’t care less
- *In Book 2, he forces Claire to return to his protection—of course, that doesn’t stop fate from tossing those plans and dropping her back in Purgatory anyway.